Having a pond adds beauty to your backyard, but it is also a great setting to do activities. During most seasons, depending on where you live, you can enjoy spending time by your water garden. Here is a list of five activities to do pond-side.
1. Yoga. Yoga is a great way to relax the mind and body and give it a good stretch. Doing this in your backyard next to your pond only adds to the relaxation. Being by water will also help you keep cool during the spring and summer while you sweat in downward dog.
2. Meditation. Along with yoga, meditation is great for the mind. It helps to reduce stress and helps the craziness of the day melt away. The sounds of water running and nature in the background will help you focus to reach that higher place of peace and calm.
3. Host a soirée. Now is a perfect time to take advantage of the outdoors before it gets too cold. A pond makes a perfect backdrop for an evening with friends and family. With some great food, music, and conversation, the sounds of running water and the lighting from the pond will help set the mood for an epic event.
4. Read a book. The stresses of the day can wreak havoc on a person. Reading a good book is a great way to escape the pressures of everyday life. But with the kids playing or the TV blasting, it can be hard to concentrate. Your pond is a perfect setting for a great reading session, so plant yourself next to your pond with a lawn chair and a good book. The sounds of nature promote calmness, which will be ambient noise while you travel miles away as you immerse yourself in a great story.
5. Interact and observe the natural wildlife. Having a pond creates a natural ecosystem that kids and adults can interact with and learn from. Give kids or adults responsibilities in taking care of the pond from planning, building, and maintaining the pond to feeding the fish, watering plants, or even decorating which can be fun for the whole family.
Being outside in nature and by water is therapeutic and fun, so use these five activities to make the most of your water garden.